Friday, August 26, 2011

Finished (For Real): Super Mario 64


Boom. You see that?  In the top right? One HUNDRED and twenty stars. This single screen shot represents almost two months of controller spikes, rage quits, f-bombs and couch punches. But it also represents almost two months of discovery, triple jumps, wall kicks and unadulterated joy of exploration.

In comparison to beating Zelda II, where I stood up a cheered for myself and jumped around my darkened living room at 2 in the morning; my completion of Mario 64 last night resulted in the largest sigh of relief I've ever exhaled. I just laid down and actually thanked God.

What was the epic ending to this herculean effort required on the part of the gamer? A cake. Thanks, Princess GLaDOS.

Wow, what a delicious looking ca-ARE THOSE CHERRY TOMATOES?!

No comments:

Post a Comment