Wednesday, June 1, 2011

STILL Playing: Burnout 3


Ooooh kay. This game is gettin old.

Don't get me wrong - it's incredibly well designed and a genuine blast to play, but this is literally gonna take close to 40 hours to beat. That's mid-range RPG length! For a racing game! The tedium is also likely stemming from the fact that I'm not breaking it up or playing anything else. I don't think this game was designed to be played the way I'm playing it. This is a "pick up every few weeks" kinda game. As for now though, I have to sit down and force myself to play for at least an hour or so a night.

uuuggGGHHHHHH!!!!

Controller spikes have also increased significantly since I began playing this one. The difficulty curve is straight up evil. From the very first race, you are always crossing the finish line by the skin of your teeth - that's IF you're lucky enough to place. The problem is that you are going 150+ mph and trying to dodge traffic while keeping an eye out for sharp turns and boost opportunities. When you do it right, there is nothing quite as exhilarating, but when you blow it, it can ruin your whole day.

Well, I will continue my trudge through this painful yet enjoyable experience. Any encouragement, fellow nerds?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I think this game was meant to be played once a week in a badly decorated basement with pizza and a whole mess of other people... And no one complaining about noise.

    ReplyDelete