Sunday, July 8, 2012

How to Fix a Problem With Your Wii.

Well, I guess I'll throw this in the trash.

As I went to turn on my Wii a few days ago, the power light came on but the screen remained black.

Hmm.

I was able to insert and eject discs, but my controller couldn't connect and to power it off I had to hold down the power button for a good few seconds. I triple checked the component cables and still nothing. Something was definitely wrong.

To the internet!

The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

I found a message board talking about my exact problem. Here was the situation:

Apparently my Wii was overheating which resulted in the black screen and other problems.

The solution? 

Leave the Wii unplugged overnight to properly cool off. Unplug the power from the back of the Wii and from the wall so no juice is flowing in either direction. So I did. And it worked! My Wii is back from the dead. There is now a problem with loading games - whenever I start a game or application, disc based or download, there is about a minute of black screen where the controller disconnects. Eventually every game loads and plays fine. I'm fine with this problem as long as it can hang on until I transfer everything over to the WiiU.

Hopefully this helps you to solve a problem with your Wii. Happy playing!

Also, don't do this.

1 comment:

  1. The four-leaf clover trick is actually a cheat code to create your own games using your mind by pointing a Wiimote at your forehead, and using the nunchuck to place your thoughts on a 3D plane.

    They just don't want you to know that, or the game companies will fail.

    ReplyDelete